Monday, July 9, 2012

i'm officially an IB survivor! \m/


Thursday, 5th July 2012, 2100


It started off with the night before the result being announced, in which I was still slacking around, watching some videos, reading some fanfics...doing other normal stuffs I do and not caring a bit about the result that will be announced tomorrow.

To add up to my not-caring mode, I haven't search for my ID slip in which I need it to gain access to my result, which would be posted online.

Then, the nervousness hits me. finally

On Facebook, my batchmates started to update their status. And I started feeling guilty.


So, out of impulsion rather than the supposedly compulsive act, I searched for my ID slip among the bundles of things I packed from college, in which I haven't touch since the day I reached home after clearance. (It stayed neatly and obediently at one corner in my room) 

Then, after 30 minutes of frantically searching (yes, the nervousness has finally taken over myself) alhamdulillah, found it. Then, being super-diva me, an update to my Facebook status: I found my ID result slip! *insert sigh of relief* -.-

Then, it begun.... I started feeling uneasy. All the what-ifs are coming to me, wandering inside my mind.
What if my points did not meet the requirements?
I did very badly for my EE, it was a total crap. What if the examiner refuse to read it and just marked it as CRAP?
What if my TOK essay got plagiarized or worst, being accused to plagiarism?

All I can do at that moment was to pray.... That Allah will give the best for me..




Friday (D-Day), 6th July 2012, 0600


After performing Subuh prayer, I just can't go back to sleep.  Therefore, I go online.

But, that didn't help me with my mental breakdown. It was adding salt to my wound. The updates, the tweets. I cursed every single one of them, secretly in my heart.

I nervously waited for the clock to hit 8 am. That time, the kids' class would start, and my mentor would not be able to call me and tell my result before the actual time of release.

Or so I thought....

I was busy diverting my attention towards anything other than the result thingy. Social networking sites was off-limits. Then, it happened..

My phone rang at exactly 12.45pm. The caller ID clearly stated the person's whose calling: Pn Satinah.
or better known as my mentor / EE advisor. *insert dramatic music here*

At that moment, I was mind-f***ed. Like seriously.

I didn't do anything except to stare at my phone, holding it and was shaking like hell.

Then, the ringtone goes off. I didn't answer her call.

The sudden realization hit me. I could have known my result by now.

And no, I'm not ready for that.

After the incident, I cried, screamed, tawaf around the house like a mad person. Yes, this is a true story. And no, there is no exaggeration whatsoever in the story.


I called my mom. And then my sister. Crying like a baby, they told me to calm down.

Phone call with ibu
me: ibu~~~~ (sambil menangis teresak-esak)
ibu: kenapa ni?
me: tadi mentor ayong telefon
ibu: lepas tu?
me: dia dah tau result ayong...mesti dia call nak gitau result ayong. ayong tak ready lagi T.T
ibu: then tak payah la angkat.. tunggu ibu balik, tengok result sama2
me: ok. tapi ayong takut...nanti dia telefon lagi camne?
ibu: off la handphone, nanti ibu telefon guna telefon rumah
me: ok..ibu, ayong takut la result.
ibu: ala..apa nak takut. ibu percaya ayong boleh. perut ibu dah sejuk dah ni haa.. time spm result dulu tu pun kan perut ibu sejuk jugak?
me: hmm *speechless* (terharu wehh ;_____;)
ibu: ok lah..jangan nangis dah..
me: ok..bye

Phone call with ayang
me: ayang~~~~~
ayang: kau dah kenapa?
me: ayong takut T.T
ayang: takut apa pulak?
me: result ayong kuar 8 malam ni
ayang: so??? hehh ni pun nak nangis ke?
me: ayong takut...nanti result tu kuar online. nanti kau tolong tengokkan eh?
ayang: yelah2
...

After ibu, then ayang, then comes the SNS.
I updated my FB, then twitter..

Then, something BIG happened.

Sir Razali commented on my status update on FB, "36"

I was like dsjbdahfdakhvh. Is this it? I was avoiding Puan Satinah and this happened?!!!



"36" Is this what I got for my total points? If this includes bonus points, it would mean I didn't meet the requirement, then it would also mean byebye Ireland.

A lot went through my mind, thanks to Sir Razali.

Fast-forwarding....

Since the result was to be released at 8pm, Malaysian time, I performed my solat maghrib first.

Then the clock strikes 8pm.

Everyone else started to update "alhamdulillah.." as their status on FB.

Everyone else..but me.

I decided to wait for ibu and ayang to come back home and view the result together, despite knowing my "result" already, thanks to Sir Razali.

At 9.30 pm, they came back.

And so it began.

I was stalling time, chit-chatting with my sister as it has been 2 weeks since the last time I saw her while having a late dinner with them.

Then, the question finally appeared. Ibu asked "Ayong camne? Dah tengok ke result?" 

I shook my head and told my sis to do it for me.

I left a tab open with my ID and personal code already keyed in. The only thing to do is to press the login tab and go the result section.

Before that, I warned both my sis and ibu that I may be only be getting 36, well, that's what Sir Razali told me.

Then...

I was plastered to the wall against the laptop monitor, when my sister is in front of the laptop, searching for the tab I left opened. Ibu was at the dining table.

"Dah tekan ke?"
"Kejap....*silence*....dah"
Ibu quickly ran over to see what's on the screen.
Ayang still browsing through the screen, up and down...when suddenly...
"40!"
Ibu turned around and grabbed me who was still plastered on the wall into a super-tight hug, kissing my cheeks non-stop.
I cried... T.T

Then, I look into the screen to see yes, my result is 40, indeed.

I was in disbelief. 37+3

I got A for my crappy chemistry EE?!!! and B for my TOK?!!!!

Never in my IB life would I ever dreamt of getting full bonus point. I was hoping for 1, at most.

But, Allah works in mysterious ways...
Alhamdulillah.


I was in the IB programme, and this is my story.
p.s I SURVIVED IB Y'ALL~!!!
p.p.s I survived it, and so will you! ^^

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratz :D
Fr a first year ib student.
Pray 4 me ya

kimserasera said...

alhamdulillah…
insyaAllah will do!

stay strong!

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/348/1/2/fist_pump_by_emochild67-d34vlbq.png

Mizwar Mukhlis said...

CONGRATZ!! bestnya.,. dpat 40 points.. haha