Wednesday, September 12, 2012

i believe i can fly

Hiyaaa! What's the craic?
Haha. Can't believe I'm in Ireland now. Alhamdulillah.
With two transits; 1 in Bangkok and the other in Copenhagen, I finally touched down in Dublin Airport at 10am (local time) on 4th September 2012.

I really have to thank first of all, Allah for this opportunity and a lot of people for all the support I get and all the advices and well wishes.
Thank you all so much.
I never expect such a reaction from people I barely knew, and it just makes me, if not more, enthusiastic and very much determined to stay in this path, not letting my and other people's dream (which is for me to succeed) down.
I know 5 years being away from Malaysia would be a tough one.
And truthfully speaking, me myself is not very sure whether I can pull it off.
But, Allah plans best.

There MUST be a reason why I only got one interview which is the full-course interview in the first place.
And there MUST be a reason why am I chosen alongside the 13 other students to become full-course students in UCD.

Therefore, I can't be weak and I can't afford to self-pity myself.
I can't be intimidated by the Irish accent.
I can't be shy to say "sorry, can you repeat that again" in times I can't catch with their super fast "rap".
I can't be insecure with my muslimah appearance.
I can't waver in times I'm asked to do something against the syariah.
And I definitely can't fear something which has not happened yet and keep my mind positive all the time.

Besides, what's the point of studying in Ireland when you never have the chance to interact with the Irish and can't pick up their accent?
I might be better off stay in Malaysia, interact with ONLY Malaysians, in Malay, and eat mom made food everyday.

But, that's not the situation here.
Now that I'm in Ireland, for real, I have to strive hard, never give up and get that freaking degree.
And above all, I'm doing this all only for one reason: Redha Allah

Biiznillah

P.S Do pray for me to stay strong and do well in all my future undertakings, insyaAllah. Amin


No comments: